Hilfe benötigt: seltene Cherokee XJ-Innenausstattung

Diskutiere Hilfe benötigt: seltene Cherokee XJ-Innenausstattung im Cherokee XJ, MJ Forum Forum im Bereich Cherokee Forum; hello everybody, My name is Alin and I'm from Romania. Last summer I bought a white 1991 Jeep Cherokee XJ from Austria which has turned out to be...

Masinistul

Neu hier
Threadstarter
Danke
hello everybody,

My name is Alin and I'm from Romania. Last summer I bought a white 1991 Jeep Cherokee XJ from Austria which has turned out to be a bucket full of rust (although I paid a premium for it because it was advertised as a rust free survivor with 130,000km but that's another discussion) . It is a white 2-door with a Renault diesel engine, which was initially sold as a two-seater commercial vehicle for tax reasons.

IMG_5919.jpg

Anyway, I discovered under the seat covers that the back seat doesn't match my burgundy (Cordovan) front seats (actually it's a cloth/vinyl gray bench seat from a Laredo) and because I'm done with the restoration of the car ( which has become a rust problem already fixed) I'm looking for a suitable rear seat. The problem is that I couldn't find a Cherokee with a similar interior anywhere, not even a single picture on the internet. I've been looking for months now, but I just don't want to swap out the entire interior for a more standard one just to match the seats with the bench.

IMG_4090.jpg
IMG_4086.jpg
IMG_4080.jpg

That's why I'm asking for your help: Have you ever encountered similar-looking padding? I've seen the same pattern in gray but never in burgundy. Please respond if you know anything that might help. Thanks!

PS: sorry for the spelling mistakes, I used google translate.

Masinistul

Neu hier
Threadstarter
Danke
Hallo, alle miteinander,

Mein Name ist Alin und ich komme aus Rumänien. Letzten Sommer habe ich einen weißen 1991er Jeep Cherokee XJ aus Österreich gekauft, der sich als ein Eimer voller Rost erwiesen hat (obwohl ich dafür eine Prämie bezahlt habe, weil er als rostfreier Überlebender mit 130.000 km beworben wurde, aber das ist eine andere Diskussion) . Es handelt sich um einen weißen 2-Türer mit Renault-Dieselmotor, der zunächst aus steuerlichen Gründen als zweisitziges Nutzfahrzeug verkauft wurde.

Jedenfalls habe ich unter den Sitzbezügen entdeckt, dass der Rücksitz nicht zu meinen weinroten (Cordovan) Vordersitzen passt (eigentlich ist es eine stoff-/vinylgraue Sitzbank von einem Laredo), und weil ich mit der Restaurierung des Autos fertig bin (der Rost Problem wurde bereits behoben) suche ich eine passende Rückbank. Das Problem ist, dass ich nirgendwo einen Cherokee mit einem ähnlichen Interieur finden konnte, nicht einmal ein einziges Bild im Internet. Ich suche jetzt seit Monaten, aber ich möchte einfach nicht die gesamte Innenausstattung gegen eine gängigere austauschen, nur um die Sitze mit der Bank abzugleichen.

Deshalb bitte ich Sie um Ihre Hilfe: Sind Sie schon einmal auf eine ähnlich aussehende Polsterung gestoßen? Ich habe das gleiche Muster in Grau gesehen, aber noch nie in Burgund. Bitte antworten Sie, wenn Sie etwas wissen, das helfen könnte. Danke!

PS: Entschuldigung für die Rechtschreibfehler, ich habe Google Translate verwendet.

CarstenM

CarstenM

Z wie Tsunami | Machen - einfach machen...
Danke
Standort
Dinslaken
Fahrzeug
'97 ZJ V8 5.2
Hey Alin….

congratz to this short XJ Version..
This is one i would also like to have! Especially in white!

Whatever, sorry but I cannot help U with the Seats….

catmanjag

catmanjag

hopeless case
Danke
Standort
16321 Bernau b.Berlin
I've seen the same pattern in gray but never in burgundy.
An interior colored like this is very rare, i think it wasn't sold in the european market - just like the whole 3-door series. I remember only one 3dr-XJ that was offered years ago - with a red interior; maybe i've seen pics of an MJ too. But that's it.
Do you bought the car with the interior like it's shown in the pics? I can't remember a preFL-XJ with a black (?) dashboard, center console and panelling. Also the panell on the b-door-pillar doesn't fit to an '91 XJ, it should be from an 95/96. If the front seats are origin the whole interior should be colored like this....

Dave1989

Dave1989

Prinzessin Lada
Danke
Standort
Sauerland
Fahrzeug
XJ 1999 4.0 Limited Automatik
On my phone all of the interior looks like purple. Floor, panels, dashboard border... Nice trim.

Carlo-ZJ

Carlo-ZJ

Danke
Standort
Österreich
Fahrzeug
Jeep Grand Cherokee ZG Limited ('96 Facelift) 5.2L
Salut Alin,

XJ alb cu trei uși cu interior roșu. Îmi place foarte mult
I bet this was loads of work (and fun).

It could be that your XJ was registered as Fiskal-LKW in Austria.
dacia_duster_fiskal_1.jpeg dacia_duster_fiskal_3.jpeg
One of the criteria is the removal/missing of the rear seats. This could be the reason why your original rear interior is missing / does not match now.

I can't remember a preFL-XJ with a black (?) dashboard, center console and panelling.
This does not look black but burgundy red to me.

The problem is that I couldn't find a Cherokee with a similar interior anywhere, not even a single picture on the internet
IMHO -> the interior Colour of your XJ could be called Cordovan

I wish you all the best to find the the needle in the haystack so your XJ will someday has the right matching interior.

Masinistul

Neu hier
Threadstarter
Danke
Thank you all for your replys!

The car was sold new in Austria in 1991 and the interior is original. And indeed, was a 2 seat version for commercial use, so originally did not have a rear seat.

But I`m thinking this is not the only XJ in the whole world with this upholstery, right? And maybe somewhere, somebody saw a similar looking one.

Masinistul

Neu hier
Threadstarter
Danke
Salut Alin,

XJ alb cu trei uși cu interior roșu. Îmi place foarte mult
I bet this was loads of work (and fun).

It could be that your XJ was registered as Fiskal-LKW in Austria.
Anhang anzeigen 95896 Anhang anzeigen 95897
One of the criteria is the removal/missing of the rear seats. This could be the reason why your original rear interior is missing / does not match now.

This does not look black but burgundy red to me.

IMHO -> the interior Colour of your XJ could be called Cordovan

I wish you all the best to find the the needle in the haystack so your XJ will someday has the right matching interior.

So they are still doing that in Austria to registrate it as a commercial vehicle.

Yeah, it was a lot of fun and sweat and tears. You can see the whole story in my YouTube Channel, look for „Masinistul”. But it`s all in Romanian.

Candyman

Candyman

ɹǝqɯǝW
Danke
Standort
Buer in Westf.
Fahrzeug
'98 XJ 4.0
You may probably want to check with a car upholstery shop and see if they come close to the original appearance.
Finding a matching back seat is not very likely.

Masinistul

Neu hier
Threadstarter
Danke
Actually is close, but not similar. I can buy a rear seat like in the brochure from the local scrap yard but is not the same as mine. Look closer, you will see the differences.

Actually, there are three or four types of burgundy interiors in the XJ. The color of the vinyl is the same, but the fabrics are different and they are stitched differently.

Masinistul

Neu hier
Threadstarter
Danke
Somebody had a great ideea - I only need the covers from a similar looking bench. So if you see one from a Jeep breaked for parts, PM me.

Masinistul

Neu hier
Threadstarter
Danke
This is just weird. I`ve searched on car-part website, where are hundreds of Cherokees from junkyards, none hase the same interior as mine... There are some Base or Sport versions from 1990 to 1994 that have the same seat design, the same fabric style, but only in gray or tan colors. None are Burgundy.

So my car was a very special order or what?

Phucked

Phucked

Danke
Fahrzeug
Jeep Cherokee XJ Limited 91 HO
Have you already searched on french websites like leboncoin.fr ?

Masinistul

Neu hier
Threadstarter
Danke
I`ve looked only at the Jeeps available for sale, never at the available parts.

Thema:

Hilfe benötigt: seltene Cherokee XJ-Innenausstattung

Hilfe benötigt: seltene Cherokee XJ-Innenausstattung - Ähnliche Themen

• Anfänger benötigt Hilfe bei Kauf eines TJ Bj.: 2003

Anfänger benötigt Hilfe bei Kauf eines TJ Bj.: 2003: Hallo Gemeinde, bin neu hier und auch neu beim Thema Wrangler. Da ich mit dem Gedanken spiele mir einen Anzuschaffen und mir auch schon eine...
  • Geräusche Motor/Getriebe Jeep ZJ 4.0 HILFE benötigt

Geräusche Motor/Getriebe Jeep ZJ 4.0 HILFE benötigt: Hallo Zusammen, Wie bereits gesagt bin ich neu im Bereich der Jeeps und habe meinen ersten ZJ seid knapp 6 Monaten. Zum FZG 95er Jeep ZJ 4.0i...
  • Problem mit Automatik Hilfe benötigt

Problem mit Automatik Hilfe benötigt: Ich stehe derzeit in Island und habe folgendes Problem mit meiner Automatikschaltung: JKU 2010 Rubicon 3,5" und 35" Räder, Diesel 2.8 177PS Nach...
  • Dachträger Cherokee ZJ 96... Hilfe benötigt !

Dachträger Cherokee ZJ 96... Hilfe benötigt !: Hallo Zusammen,   bei obigem Thema weiß ich mittlerweile leider nicht mehr weiter und hoffe auf Hilfe... Wir haben die letzten Wochen den...
  • Hilfe benötigt: 21 Tage - Schweden / Norwegen

Hilfe benötigt: 21 Tage - Schweden / Norwegen: Hallo zusammen, wir haben heute begonnen unsere geplante Tour, Allgäu > Schweden > Norwegen, für kommenden Juni/Juli zu planen ... und sind...